The Director of Beaches, Docks, and Lagoon, is responsible for the general upkeep and management of these areas. This includes management and the assignment of Groton Long Point Association owned dock spaces, moorings, and pilings for members of the Association.
Docks: If you are an Association member and are interested in renting a dock, mooring or piling, please email email@example.com. To be placed on the wait list for a main dock spot, please complete this form and return to:
PO Box 3737
GLP, CT 06340
Beach Ordinances & Etiquette:
- Four (4) chairs per property (labelled with property owner name and address) may be stacked against the seawalls at Main & South Beaches.
- Remove all personal items at the end of each day: towels, clothing, toys, etc.
- All approved small boats need GLPA Permit (see detail below).
- All chairs, boats and other items must be removed by October 15th.
- No alcoholic beverages on the beach.
- No glass containers on the beach as they may be broken and create a health hazard.
- No pets on the boardwalk or beach year round
- No bicycles, roller skates or skateboards on the Main Beach boardwalk year-round.
- No storage of board boats, kayaks or windsurfers between the swim lines on the beaches. No boats, paddleboards, etc within the floating swim lines as safety for swimmers.
Small Boat Permits:
all boats stored in permissible Association areas shall be registered annually and display a permit (sticker) issued by the GLPA Office. Only single hulled boats maybe stored.
- Permits are available to GLPA property owners only
- Each property is entitled to up to 2 permits
- One primary permit to be used on any Association shoreline property
- One secondary permit to be used on any Association property except for Main & South Beach.